1.31.2016

First Month at UVU!

Wow, I can't believe that I've already completed my first month at UVU. Time really does fly by.

As cliche as this sounds transferring to UVU has seriously been the best decision I've made in my life so far. Since I've transferred I've been so much...happier. I love how welcoming everyone has been at UVU; there are so many resources available and people who genuinely desire for you succeed. While BYU is definitely a great institution, I think that the academic rigor and competitiveness creates a sense of "every man for himself"--something that I found to be overwhelming and kind of unbearable.

Balancing work and school has definitely been a challenge, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. After taking that (much needed) year off, adjusting back to a school routine is a little weird but I'm definitely enjoying being back in school. I made a resolution to become more involved with school and so far it's been fun! Being a part of UVUSA by joining the PR committee has been great experience and I love being able to be involved.

This is only the first month in my adventure at UVU and I'm excited to see what else is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment