3.16.2015

university mall orem utah
Well, we're already halfway through March! This is so cliche but it's crazy how fast time is flying by. So many things have already happened during 2015. Yesterday was a particularly emotional day for me. Let's just say that I'm a little closer to figuring out what my next step in life is going to be, and that's something I've been trying to figure out for a while now. I try to keep telling myself to stop comparing myself to others based on societal expectations, and that it's really important to remember to not skip stages in life.

“Don’t do that. Don’t skip stages in your life. You’re 19, kiss a few boys and wear your heart on your sleeve. There will come a time when you’re 39 and stuck in a suit, wondering why the hell you were so eager to grow up in the first place.” -- source

This was something I saw on tumblr a while ago and I think about it often (especially since I'm now 19). Anyways, today was just a good day and I wanted to take some time to appreciate it. I've been drooling over admiring the Nikon 3300 recently and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a broke college student hehe. Buuut my dad (who dabbles in photography) sent me his old Canon Rebel & I love it. I've been playing around with it and am really hoping to improve my (lack of) photography skills.

I will now end this post with one of my favorite photography quotes:
“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light...I just take pictures." -- Vernon Trent  

No comments:

Post a Comment